Key Results training:
Collective achievement of
objectives through structured managing.
OKR – Objectives and Key Results is an effective method for a targeted corporate management that has been practised by successful companies such as Intel, Google, Apple, Microsoft and many others since the 1990s. In this respect OKR is not new but rather an established method for focusing and managing companies, so far predominantly applied in the United States. The OKR training outlined below is primarily directed at HR manager, change agents as well as personnel and organisational developer that want to sustainably and systematically improve the effectivity of their company within the frame of transformation processes and in the context of the new work environment or cultural programmes. KEY VALUES offers OKR as both an open training and an in-house training. The latter focuses specifically on the company situation and objectives and supports the targeted development and implementation of OKR in the company.
“If you align everyone in the same direction you maximise the result”
(Andy Grove, cofounder and CEO of Intel about OKR)
Compared to many other management tools OKR is rather simple but requires a consistent implementation to be able to use the benefits. Among others the OKR logic is based on following factors:
OKR success factors
- The right formulation of objectives and anticipated results
- Adequate focus and prioritisation
- Collective alignment and combination of the teamwork
- Monitoring of the responsibilities and their evaluation
- Setting challenging goals and adjusting them continuously
- Consistency of main and subgoals in the business target system
- Documenting and communicating learning effects in the interests of a learning organisation and continuous optimisation
OKR training contents
- Introduction of OKR as a systematic management tool for the collective achievement of objectives
- OKR procedure and cross-company process (top-down and bottom-up)
- OKR target system: communication and linkage within the company
- Simulated mode of action and achievement of objectives via OKR in companies
- Templates/tools for employee management in the business target system
- OKR as an effective accelerator in the transforming organisation
- How to achieve sustainable, operational excellence through OKR
The coach learnt the OKR method as an Intel manager in the late 1990s and applied it to the company. He agreed on OKR with his supervisor and also managed employees based on this system. Due to numerous trainings and practical experience over many years he knows OKR in theory and practice.
OKR benefits and results
- Focus on essential and success critical tasks.
- More flexibility in a volatile and constantly transforming business world through clarity, precision and fast implementation.
- Effective target system through clear and success critical tasks and awareness for results.
- Continuous Performance Management through CFR: conversations, feedback, recognition